Saturday, October 22, 2005

This Parrots Dead... No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting

Bird Flu has come to Britain, though only in a quarantine facility. I couldn't help but wonder if it was all a joke perpetrated by a staff member at the quarantine facility that just got out of hand. I mean come on, a dead parrot? In England!

Can you imagine the conversation?

Vet: Theres something wrong with this parrot we just got.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Vet: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Vet: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Owner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Vet: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!


Yes, for all those who know their comedy this is the famous Dead Parrot sketch from wonderful Monty Python. I never really liked the Dead Parrot sketch but if you want the worlds greatest movie comedy go buy a copy of The Life of Brian to see what comic geniuses they were.

No comments: