Sunday, February 05, 2006

More Blogger.com grief

Blogger.com was having problems again over the weekend. I tried to post a story yesterday, and as far as I know it made it to my Edit posts list but I couldn't connect to decsramble.blogspot.com to verify it had posted. This morning its gone. Anyway it was only a short post so I'll put it up again.

So sorry if anyone has been having trouble reading this blog, it really is beyond my control. Blogger say they are working on the problem, though I REALLY wish they wouldn't host their status page on their own servers. It's a bit like sending out an email to tell staff the network is down.
As many people will have noticed, we've had significant hardware trouble over the past couple days. We have tried to keep all of you informed about the status of the service and our efforts to correct the problems. Unfortunately, today's problems were widespread enough such that we were unable to provide ongoing updates. One of the things we'll be doing in the short term is to come up with ways to prevent this.

No comments: