Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Broadband. Delivery 1

I finally decided to join the digital age and sign up for broadband. My router was delivered this morning. Unfortunately I'm not able to use it yet since I need a BT username and password which I am told will arrive in the next day or two.

I have to say so far I've been quite impressed with BT Ireland's customer service. On email, phone and online chat they have been very quick and efficient. My cynicism made me ring them after I got an automated "we'll get back to you" response to an emailed query. Their phone system then allowed me to register for a call back instead of waiting on the line and a customer agent did call me back, in less than 10 minutes. By the time I hung up I had gotten the a reply to my original email in my inbox. Then this morning when I wanted to ask about the username and password I used their online chat service which connected me with a customer service agent who answered my questions in a few seconds.

I had originally gone with BT because everyone I asked about broadband had some bad story about their provider apart from the BT customers who generally said yeah its fine, it just works. So far the only problem I have is getting the router before the username/password, but if the rest of the service is as smooth as their customer service then I suspect I'll never have to blog about them again. :-)

No comments: