Thursday, October 12, 2006

Darling Harbour


Wow it's been a hectic few days, sorry for not posting, I'm going to try and catch up with things now, but the last 4 of five days were so packed I'm sure I'll forget something.



My last day in Sydney was spent in Darling Harbour where I visited the marine museum. There are a few old ships you can visit, but I really wanted to visit HMAS Vampire and HMAS Onslow, a destroyer and a submarine. I'd visited both before but this time I did the guided tour of Vampire and lets face it how many opportunities do you get to go on board a military submarine and have a look around.

Darling Harbour itself is a lovely area of Sydney. Lots of bars and restaurants with museums, an aquarium and a park. I sat by the harbour having a steak sandwich and a beer realising that Sydney really could teach Dublin a thing or two about how to create a city where people live instead of just exist.

No comments: