Friday, October 06, 2006

Last Day in Sydney


Today is my last day in Sydney before heading off on the Oz Experience bus, at 6:10 am tomorrow. Good thing I'm still waking up at 4am in the morning. Sydney is a great city but I have to say I'm looking forward to getting out to places I haven't been before, I was in Sydney in 2001.


Yesterday I went to Bondi beach and watched the surfers attempting to catch waves. It's interesting that the majority of the surfing experience seems to be sitting on your board waiting for a wave. It must also be frustrating when you sit there for 20 minutes for the perfect wave to come in your direction and your board is not at the right angle. Most large waves would see 5 or six surfers paddling furiously trying to "catch a wave" but only one would make it.


I understand from Oz Experience that the first two days of the trip to Byron Bay involves learning to surf. If my past experience with water born transportation is anything to go by it may require somewhat longer to get me to just stay on the board never mind stand up.

2 comments:

Seamus Donohue said...

Hey Dec,
where's me bleedin bug fixes ?

Anonymous said...

Use the microsoft approach. It isn't a bug it's an undocumented free feature.