Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First Day Back

Well my first day back in work after Australia is over. All in all it was better than it could have been. I didn't have to write any code this morning, which was a good thing since I was still getting used to a UK keyboard layout never mind trying anything complex like remembering how to print "Hello World" in Java. On the other hand the office was open, there hadn't been a power cut or a flood or any other act of God that could have bought me another couple of days off.

I spent the day closing old bugs I had raised before I went on holidays and trying to sort through my email. It felt odd being stuck to a desk and as I was sorting through emails I kept thinking the day this was sent I was in Sydney, or I was at Uluru, or I was on the beach...

Thankfully it's only a 4 day week and an easy one at that since the company I work for just shipped a beta version of our new product this morning so no major panics were going on.

No comments: