Monday, February 16, 2009

Ceiridwen on the BBC


While having my breakfast this morning I logged onto the BBC website to see what was new in the world. A story on the front page in the Also in the News section caught my attention "DNA testing fails on ancient British polar bear remains". I will admit to a certain fascination with polar bears since last winter when I read about polar bears being caught relatively close to where I spend my summer holidays.

Anyway this morning I was pleasantly surprised to find myself reading a story on the BBC which centered around the efforts of a friend of mine, Ceiridwen Edwards, to extract DNA from the ancient skull of a polar bear found in Scotland. The story can be found here. Well done Ceiridwen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for flagging that! I hadn't seen it. :o)

Declan said...

Really? Cause I have screen shots and pages saved if you want to see your story on the front page of the BBC :-)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see those if you have them. Thanks for the text - I forgot to take my mobile with me when I went to visit my sister on Monday, so missed being on the BBC front page. :o/

Declan said...

I had them on my work computer so couldn't email then last night but will do so tonight :-)